Onsen, or hot springs
Hot springs in Daigo area
Daigo is famous for Fukuroda Falls, one of the three greatest waterfalls in Japan. In addition, Fukuroda hot springs, Daigo hot springs, and Yuzawa hot springs are located in this area, and there are many bathing facilities. Among them Daigo hot spring resort called “Hot spring for beauty” is popular with women because of its spa effects. From autumn to winter “Apple Bath” with sweet aroma gains popularity, too.
A list of hot spring facilities in Daigo area
- Fukuroda hot springs OMOIDE-ROMANKAN (Located in Daigo Town, Kuji-gun)
- MORI NO IDEYU (DAIGO FOREST SPA RESORT)
- SEKISYO NO YU/FUKURODA HOT SPRING
- Michi-no-eki, or a road station, OKU-KUJI DAIGO
Hot springs in Kitaibaraki area
Tenshin Okakura, a pioneer of Japan’s modern art, had set Izura beach area as a base of his art movement and Ujo Noguchi, a famous poet for children’s songs was born in Isohara area. In autumn Hanazono gorge attracts many visitors with colored leaves. This area has the bounties of nature, and lots of hot springs & mineral springs. So, there are many hotels and inns featuring delicious seafood dishes including anglerfish hot pot as a winter delicacy.
A list of hot spring facilities in Kitaibaraki area
- IZURA KANKO HOTEL (Located in Kitaibaraki City)
- Nakago Onsen, hot springs, TORYANSE (Located in Kitaibaraki City)
- FUTATSUSHIMA KANKO HOTEL (Located in Kitaibaraki City)
- ISOHARA SEASIDE HOTEL (Located in Kitaibaraki City)
- TOSHIMAYA TSUKIHAMA-NO-YU (Located in Kitaibaraki City)
Hot springs in Mt. Tsukuba area
Taking Tsukuba Express is convenient to come here from Tokyo area. After you visit the city area filled with cutting-edge high technology institutes, please enjoy sightseeing in Mt. Tsukuba area. Standing on the top of the mountain, you can view the panorama of the Kanto plain and after that take a hot spring bath among various bathing facilities.
A list of hot spring facilities in Mt. Tsukuba area
- OKURA FRONTIER HOTEL TSUKUBA
- HOTEL AOKIYA
- TSUKUBA GRAND HOTEL
- TSUKUBA-SAN EDOYA
- Onsen Center Tsukubayu